Western Australian State Rebate
The WA Solar Water Heater Subsidy Scheme provides rebates for gas-boosted water heaters used for residential purposes.
Rebates are available to householders that install new and complete gas boosted solar hot water heaters. Electric boosted solar hot water systems and heat pumps are ineligible. Applicants may only receive one rebate per household.
The current rebate levels are:
- $500 for gas boosted solar water heaters connected to a reticulated gas network
- $700 for LPG gas boosted solar water heaters where reticulated natural gas is unavailable.
The scheme is administered by the Office of Energy (OOE) and funded until 30 June 2013.
- accredited to Australian Standard AS2712 with a minimum of 2.7m2 collector area and a 250 litre or larger tank.
- used for private residential purposes (excepting display homes and residential developments where special conditions apply
- purchased from suppliers recognised by the Public Utilities Office
- purchased and installed within the 12 months before your application is received by the Public Utilities Office.
A gas boosted solar water heater on which a rebate is sought must be:
- Family sized (minimum 250L or more storage capacity and 2.7m2 or more collector surface area) Accredited to AS2712
- New, complete systems (not pre-heaters) and must be installed and commissioned before a rebate application is made
- Have a minimum 5 year product warranty